The platform is ideally suited for both traditional education and event-based (CTF – capture-the-flag) trainings. It offers a wide range of content in the most relevant areas of cyber security:
• Web Security / OWASP TOP 10
• Penetration Testing / Red-Teaming
• Exploitation / Covert Channels
• OS Security / Hardening
• Network Security / Data Exfiltration
• Forensics / Advanced Persistent Threats
• Reverse Engineering / Malware Analysis
• Social Engineering / Phishing
• Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
Students acquire an in-depth understanding of cyber-attacks, hacking, social engineering, detection, incident response, hardening and mitigation through guided learning and applying methods both theoretically and practically. Finally, students can showcase their hands-on cyber security skills.
The platform is used in a wide range of classrooms, from high schools to universities of applied sciences internationally. Several international companies use Hacking-Lab as their core hands-on lab platform in their everyday training environment.
For the more advanced cyber security specialists, it's now time for some team driven exercises! The Hacking-Lab Cyber Range supports Jeopardy CTF competitions, red vs. blue team battles and attack / defense exercises pitting multiple teams against each other. The Hacking-Lab Cyber Range has been used very successfully in the majority of the finals of the European Cyber Security Challenge.
With event-local and global scores, a healthy bit of competition supports learners to push ever further. Flag-based scenarios can be scored automatically, relieving instructors from time-consuming grading work. Based on scores achieved, an easy-to-use reporting system gives event participants, instructors and their students a good overview of progress made.
The Hacking-Lab Cyber Range is accessible to users via the web 24/7 – without the requirement for a VPN connection. Organizations are typically set up with their own private tenant with individual styling, in which they can create and manage their own curricula and events, add content (theory, challenges & quizzes), administer participants & teachers, and report on users' progress, solutions and ranks.
The Hacking-Lab Cyber Range is actively developed and new features are added continuously. Equally, new content is created by both internal experts and external contributors and released to users on an ongoing basis.
In a typical year, more than 50 completely new challenges are created for different international contests and released for licensed use after the contests have concluded. Additional content is created for trainings and events open to individual subscribers or by the community and is released either after a review or "as is" (with an according note).
- Hands-on practice-lab with conceptual background
- Wide range of content in most relevant cyber security areas
- Fully virtualized dedicated user environments
- Web-based access (no VPN required)
- Separate tenants for organizations
- Automatic flag-based scoring
- Use of pre-defined or individualized events or curricula
- Ideal learning environment
- Wide range of predefined content
- Guided learning, practice and examination
- Web-based classroom management
- Step-by-step instruction guides
- Different Jeopardy CTF modes
- Immersive attack / defense module
- Content for different levels
- Online scoring and ranking
- Used in international competition finals!