The participants know the dangers of network attacks. They are able to check their company independently for weak spots and can introduce and apply the corresponding countermeasures.
- Information gathering (Google, Website, WHOIS)
- Port Scanning, Vulnerability Scanning, Exploitation, Elevation of Privileges
- OSSTMM process description for penetration tests
- Sniffing, ARP spoofing
- Tunneling Mechanisms (HTTP Tunnel, DNS Tunnel)
- Voice over IP and remote access threats
- Hands-on with Nessus, Metasploit, Nmap, etc
Demarcation: This course primarily treats attacks on the network and system levels. The attacks on web applications will be taught in the Web Application Security courses. Analysis and monitoring of logs will be treated in the courses on forensics and APT analysis.
- Security Officers
- Network Administrators/Engineers
- Unix/Windows Administrators
- Firewall Administrators/Engineer
- Familiarity with the Windows command line
- Basic knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP)
- VoIP, VLAN, ARP, DNS should be familiar concepts